Version 126.96.36.199 (Released May 1, 2017)
- Bug fix - Fixed a file list pagination bug in Google Drive backup destination that could prevent cleanups from occurring.
- Bug fix - Added remote directory path normalization logic to Google Drive backup destination config.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released March 3, 2017)
- Improvement - Improved efficiency of Google Drive backup destination when remote directory is specified.
- Improvement - Files moved or copied to folder backup destinations now inherit permissions from their parent directory.
- Improvement - If a database is taken out of the backup rotation, it will no longer be subject to backup cleanup operations.
- Improvement - Amazon and Azure backup destination configuration forms now obscure the contents of their access key fields.
- Bug fix - Resolved potential file overwrite error that could occur when restoring over an existing database.
- Bug fix - Fixed a file list pagination bug in Google Drive backup destination that could prevent cleanups from occurring.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released December 5, 2016)
- Improvement - Added support for enabling and disabling individual backup jobs.
- Improvement - Folder backup destination now attempts to create target folder(s) if missing.
- Improvement - FTP backup destination now includes an option to use large buffers (on by default), which can improve file transfer performance.
- Improvement - Amazon S3 backup destination now normalizes backslashes and forward slashes for directory creation.
- Improvement - Dropbox file upload changed to use file overwrite semantics during commit.
- Improvement - Finished job status has been renamed to "Finished successfully".
- Improvement - Selected database backup options (if any) are now written to the backup log.
- Improvement - Added GovCloud endpoint support to the Amazon S3 backup destination.
- Improvement - Updated SDKs for Amazon S3 and Box backup destinations.
- Improvement - Installer now assigns permissions for specific HKML app registry keys to ensure accessibility.
- Improvement - Various help file updates and additions.
- Bug fix - Fixed (non-fatal) null reference exception that occured when canceling Box account authorization.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released October 17, 2016)
- Bug fix - Testing an Azure storage backup destination would return 404 not found error.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released September 28, 2016)
- Improvement - Added official support for Windows Server 2016.
- Improvement - Moved FTP backup destination proxy configuration to a separate dialog window.
- Improvement - Added the ability to bypass FTP SSL/TLS certificate validation.
- Bug fix - Fixed bug in handling of authenticated UNC paths in folder backup destination.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released August 17, 2016)
- Improvement - Improved display of certain date/time values in locale appropriate format.
- Improvement - Improved folder destination login to bypass attempts to authenticate for local paths.
- Improvement - Updated SDKs for Box and Dropbox backup destinations.
- Bug fix - Improved handling of exceptions that could occur during backup job serialization.
- Bug fix - Fixed issue with vertical alignment of text in some controls (cosmetic only).
- Bug fix - Box backup destination would not automatically create nested remote directory structures.
- Bug fix - Backup explorer could fail to list all Dropbox files in specific circumstances.
- Bug fix - Dropbox file upload verification could produce false negative result in some cases.
- Bug fix - Fixed problems related to pagination of large Box destination result sets.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released July 6, 2016)
- Improvement - Now showing filename only (rather than the full path) during backup destination upload.
- Improvement - Improved handling of scenarios where the SQL Backup Master system service is terminated during client usage.
- Bug fix - Fixed bug that would prevent very large datatabase backups from being successfully uploaded to Dropbox.
- Bug fix - Minor logging corrections.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released July 4, 2016)
- Improvement - Added new post-upload validation check to backup procedure.
- Improvement - Improved Dropbox file upload performance (compared to v184.108.40.206).
- Bug fix - A problem with the product installer was causing Google Drive uploads to fail without error.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released July 1, 2016)
- Improvement - Dropbox backup destination now uses Dropbox API v2 (Dropbox will turn off API v1 on June 28, 2017).
- Improvement - Google Drive backup destination was updated to support newer Google Drive v3 API.
- Improvement - Google Drive app authorization has been streamlined, and no longer requires copying and pasting an authorization code.
- Improvement - When the only enabled backup destination is a folder, the database backup file will be moved (rather than copied) to the destination folder when the paths are on the same volume.
- Improvement - Improved logging in cases where auto upload retry is engaged and is subsequently successful.
- Improvement - Improved logging in cases where temp file deletion fails.
- Improvement - Increased default connection timeouts across all destinations.
- Improvement - Improved control resizing logic for backup job editor window.
- Improvement - Added right-click context menu to the backup destination list in the backup job editor window.
- Bug fix - Inline upload retry mechanism no longer logs unhelpful "one or more errors occurred" message.
- Bug fix - Fixed logging error that expressed backup cleanup operations in the form of a date (rather than numerical age).
- Bug fix - Fixed rare null reference exception that could occur in SQL Server connection view.
- Bug fix - Fixed incorrect reporting of exceptions by client when the SQL Backup Master system service isn't started.
- Bug fix - Fixed rare "items collection must be empty before using ItemsSource" exception.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released June 21, 2016)
- Bug fix - Backup jobs that reached the "finished with errors" state were not triggering failure notifications.
- Bug fix - Fixed help file broken topic link and expanded certain content.
- Bug fix - Extended exception handling scenarios regarding KB 2468871 requirement.
- Bug fix - Other minor fixes and improvements.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released June 20, 2016)
- Bug fix - Fixed OneDrive installed DLL lacking a digital signature.
- Bug fix - Fixed incorrect display of zip component license error that could occur during decompression operations.
- Bug fix - Added reporting for backup job save failures when initiated through the user interface.
- Bug fix - Added log file entries related to backup job serialization failures.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released June 18, 2016)
- Bug fix - Resolved incorrect notification subject variable interpolation in the free product edition.
- Bug fix - Resolved problem installation warning regarding KB 2468871 requirement.
- Bug fix - Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released June 13, 2016)
- Improvement - Added support for SQL Server 2016.
- Improvement - New, more colorful and modern application theme.
- Improvement - Added Microsoft OneDrive as a database backup destination (requires standard edition license or better).
- Improvement - Added failed backup job retry features to the scheduler, including configurable max retry count and wait timer.
- Improvement - New multi-core zip archive support for faster database backup compression speeds.
- Improvement - Added the ability to disable archive (zip / 7-zip) file creation entirely (creates .bak file).
- Improvement - Failure and success notifications can now be configured individually for full, diff, and log backups.
- Improvement - Added support for customizing the subject of outbound email notification messages.
- Improvement - Added the ability to specify the "from name" when sending email notifications via SMTP.
- Improvement - Added extensive proxy (SOCKS4, SOCKS5, HTTP CONNECT, etc.) support to the FTP/SFTP backup destination.
- Improvement - Users can now configure the update checker to traverse an HTTP proxy server.
- Improvement - Upgraded to latest Azure Storage SDK levels for improved reliability and performance.
- Improvement - Added support for the Amazon S3 "Standard - Infrequently Accessed" storage class.
- Improvement - Added the ability to control the number of concurrent requests used for Amazon S3 uploads.
- Improvement - Amazon S3 backup file transfers now use the appropriate endpoint for the user provided bucket name.
- Improvement - Added support for Amazon S3 transfer acceleration (enable transfer acceleration on the target bucket before using).
- Improvement - Moved to new modular Amazon S3 SDK implementation for reduced overall product disk space usage.
- Improvement - Failed backup destination file uploads will now be reattempted (up to three times) prior to failing permanently.
- Improvement - SQL Backup Master no longer uses square brackets in backup filenames, since they are incompatible with some FTP servers.
- Improvement - Added a main window status bar with summary backup job information and indication of current activity.
- Improvement - Backup destination descriptions improved to make later identification (such as during recovery) easier.
- Improvement - Numerous minor FTP/SFTP compatibility improvements and bug fixes.
- Improvement - Added application usage data reporting with an option (see global settings) to disable.
- Improvement - Folder backup destination location text box now offers autocomplete capabilities.
- Improvement - Backing up to Box is now supported in the free edition (no longer requires standard edition license).
- Improvement - Users are now notified about major version license conflicts at app startup.
- Improvement - Added the ability to expand or collapse all backup jobs from the main window toolbar.
- Bug fix - Now handling rare exception that can occur when attempting to open log folder from within log viewer.
- Bug fix - Fixed backup destination chooser license error that could occur after a major version upgrade triggers reversion to a free license.
- Bug fix - Standard (non-secure) FTP operations would incorrectly log a professional edition licensing requirement (cosmetic only).
- Bug fix - Job cancellation was being reported as a failure if it occurred during the database backup phase.
- Bug fix - Fixed database restore bug that could trigger "conflicting file relocations have been specified" error message.
- Bug fix - Cancelling S3 backups could result in continued progress display (rather than the job cancellation in progress message).
- Bug fix - Main window no longer selects a default backup job at startup.
- Bug fix - Main window backup job context (right-click) menu was incorrectly enabled while job was running.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released March 24, 2016)
- Improvement - Product installer is now dual-signed with SHA1/SHA2.
- Bug fix - SQL Server instance name in recovery window wasn't updating after making a new selection (cosmetic only).
- Bug fix - Resolved problem with Dropbox backup destination not logging correctly.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released November 13, 2015)
- Improvement - Updgraded to the latest version of the Amazon SDK.
- Improvement - Improved error handling and reporting when testing backup destinations.
- Improvement - Certificate validation errors that occur when sending emails via SMTP are now ignored.
- Improvement - Minor installer optimizations.
- Bug fix - Fixed problem with pagination when listing files on Google Drive that could affect backup pruning.
- Bug fix - Other minor bug fixes.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released September 25, 2015)
- Bug fix - Improved error handling, logging, and backup job state finalization.
- Bug fix - Resolved rare "illegal characters in path" unhandled exception.
- Bug fix - Additional exception handling measures for global settings and backup job deserialization.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released August 25, 2015)
- Improvement - Minor logging improvements.
- Bug fix - Fixed issue with visibility of S3 backups to the Recovery Explorer when uploaded to bucket root.
- Bug fix - Resolved problem with potential truncation of log information sent with email notifications when job executions overlap.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released August 7, 2015)
- Improvement - Windows 10 is now officially supported.
- Improvement - New backup job setting allows users to retain the most recent full backup (regardless of age) for each database during cleanup operations.
- Improvement - Main window minimum height has been reduced to help fit within smaller monitors.
- Improvement - Custom SQL script timeout now set to maximum value to avoid timeouts.
- Improvement - Added an option to run custom SQL scripts during full backups only.
- Improvement - Various minor user interface improvements.
- Bug fix - Fixed exception that could occur during exit when user settings cannot be committed to disk.
- Bug fix - Fixed rare invalid character exception that could occur during backup job serialization/deserialization.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released August 3, 2015)
- Improvement - Minor user interface improvements and fixes.
- Bug fix - Fixes to schedule preview calculations.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released July 20, 2015)
- Improvement - Logging enhancements and additions.
- Bug fix - Product now warns users when .Net Framework update KB2468871 needs to be installed, rather than crashing.
- Bug fix - Fixed rare crash relating to inaccessible registry location.
- Bug fix - Fixed occasional spurious "DialogResult can be set only after Window is created and shown as dialog." error.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released June 25, 2015)
- Improvement - Enhancements to built-in crash reporting mechanism.
- Improvement - Minor enhancements to Box storage service integration via SDK upgrade.
- Improvement - Minor enhancements to Amazon S3 storage service integration via SDK upgrade.
- Bug fix - Databases with single quotes in their names could not be restored from Google Drive backup destinations.
- Bug fix - Resolved issues with Amazon S3 destination creating empty sub-directories when storing backups.
- Bug fix - Amazon S3 database backups were not being purged according to user configuration.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released June 24, 2015)
- Bug fix - Fixed rare schedule preview exception that could occur in the presence of invalid configuration in the UI.
- Bug fix - Main window backup job list scroll position is no longer lost on selection change.
- Bug fix - Now reporting database exceptions that occur when initiating database recovery.
- Bug fix - Other minor fixes and improvements.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released June 16, 2015)
- Bug fix - Fixed rare exception that could occur if too many backup jobs were added.
- Bug fix - Resolved rare unhandled exception that could occur when persisting main window state in low disk space conditions.
- Bug fix - Fixed problem with backing up databases with single quotes in their names.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released May 21, 2015)
- Bug fix - Resolved rare date calculation bug in scheduler preview window.
- Bug fix - Resolved rare unhandled exception that could occur during backup recovery if the target database was unreachable.
- Bug fix - Other minor bug fixes.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released May 13, 2015)
- Improvement - Added "next scheduled run" indicator to the main window backup job list.
- Improvement - Added the ability to manually kick off a differential backup.
- Improvement - Added the ability to partially collapse backup job list entries in the main window (to converve space).
- Improvement - Improvements to backup schedule estimation plan and "next run" calculation.
- Bug fix - Fixed a problem with certain scheduled differential backups not running when log backups are also scheduled.
- Bug fix - Fixed for registry authorization bug introduced in build 184.108.40.206.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released April 30, 2015)
- Improvement - Log viewer root nodes now shows the backup type (e.g. full, diff, or log).
- Bug fix - Improvements and bug fixes to the scheduler.
- Bug fix - Correction to log entry context identifiers written by the system service.
- Bug fix - Improved debug logging capability.
- Bug fix - Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released April 21, 2015)
- Bug fix - Resolved timing issues with full backup overrun protection.
- Bug fix - Resolved unhandled exception that occurred rarely during user interface shutdown.
- Bug fix - Improved handling of rare scenarios where file system errors cause backup job file corruption.
- Bug fix - Improved exception handling when editing backup jobs.
- Bug fix - Dropbox upload chunk size has been reduced.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released April 17, 2015)
- Bug fix - Resolved unhandled exception that could occur when testing email integration.
- Bug fix - Resolved unhandled exception that could occur after choosing a target SQL Server instance.
- Bug fix - Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released April 15, 2015)
- Improvement - Crash reporting service integration.
- Bug fix - Fixed v2.7 regression that could cause hang during display of splash screen.
- Bug fix - Removed Remote Desktop access licensing restriction from free product edition.
- Bug fix - Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released April 14, 2015)
- Improvement - When configuring a folder destination to use a mapped network drive, users are now prompted to use the UNC path equivalent instead (helps to avoid security problems when accessing mapped drives from a system service).
- Improvement - FTP backup destination connection port is now configurable regardless of which protocol is selected.
- Improvement - Google drive upload chunk size is now configurable.
- Improvement - Additional licensing checks and message clarifications.
- Improvement - Improvements to the product startup splash screen (including option to disable it).
- Improvement - Backup job log now indicates whether execution was initiated by the scheduler or a user.
- Improvement - Backup recovery window now remembers the "show files not created by the selected destination" setting.
- Improvement - Improved backup job change detection helps to trigger the creation of new full backups when warranted.
- Improvement - Various minor usability, stability and performance enhancements.
- Improvement - Various logging enhancements, additions, and fixes.
- Bug fix - Application startup error messages (rare) were not staying on-screen until the user clicked OK.
- Bug fix - Resolved issue in log viewer that could result in a log entry group with an incorrect header.
- Bug fix - Backups jobs initiated by users could adversely affect full backup overrun protection logic.
- Bug fix - Resolved problem with listing and purging Amazon S3 backup destinations containing thousands of backup files.
- Bug fix - Fixed relatively rare problem with S3 backup file name parsing.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released March 24, 2015)
- Improvement - Added support for compressing database backups with 7-zip file format.
- Improvement - Significant improvement in backup zip compression and decompression peformance.
- Improvement - The backup job settings window now shows the current user account under which the job executes.
- Improvement - Backup recovery explorer now shows database backup file names.
- Improvement - Update checker now indicates whether an upgrade is free or paid.
- Improvement - Adding a new backup destination to an existing job now triggers the creation of a fresh full backup at the next schedule interval.
- Improvement - Database names are now trimmed of white space when composing backup file names.
- Improvement - Various product help file updates and additions.
- Improvement - Various minor usability and performance enhancements.
- Bug fix - Fixed final job state and log entry inconsistencies when backup job was cancelled.
- Bug fix - Resolved problem with zip library producing files with CRC errors in very specific circumstances.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released January 26, 2015)
- Improvement - Notification feature now creates log file entries.
- Improvement - Log viewer now shows elapsed execution time for each database backup.
- Improvement - Improved scheduler to ensure that full backups are not preempted by long-running differential or transaction log backups.
- Improvement - Added support for auto-detection of SQL Server 2014 Express instances.
- Bug fix - Fixed the potential for an incorrect final job state under specific conditions.
- Bug fix - Resolved bug in plan execution preview section of scheduler window (could display incorrect time overlap).
- Bug fix - Database backup job summary (shown in main window) and log entries could show wrong database count.
- Bug fix - Fixed backup settings UI checkbox selection glitch associated with use of the "back up all non-system databases" option.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released January 12, 2015)
- Improvement - Added support for the use of active FTP connections (applies to standard, non-secure FTP only).
- Improvement - Added support for limiting the upload speed of FTP connections.
- Improvement - Added a product splash screen, since the product UI can take a few moments to load on some systems.
- Improvement - Added the ability to execute custom SQL scripts before and after backups.
- Improvement - Enhanced error tracking, reporting, and logging capabilities.
- Improvement - Increased client operational timeout values used when communicating when the service.
- Improvement - Overall FTP server compatibility improvements and minor bug fixes.
- Improvement - Various minor product usability enhancements.
- Bug fix - Backup destination test failures could yield incorrect error messages in specific cases.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released November 13, 2014)
- Improvement - Windows user account impersonation auth test is now more accurate in various scenarios.
- Bug fix - The "back up all non-system database" option could trigger job failure if a database was later removed.
- Bug fix - Resolved "object reference not set to an instance of an object." error that could occur when attempting Windows user account impersonation.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released October 27, 2014)
- Improvement - Email notifications now contain the host name in the subject line.
- Improvement - Offline databases are now skipped (with warning) only if they were auto-discovered, otherwise an error is logged.
- Bug fix - Installers for certain 64-bit server platforms failed to recognize the presence of .NET update prerequisite KB2468871.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released September 16, 2014)
- Improvement - Added support for using Microsoft Azure Storage as a backup destination.
- Improvement - Added support for using Box as a backup destination.
- Improvement - Added official support for SQL Server 2014 (all editions).
- Improvement - Added support for Amazon S3 server-side encryption (AES 256).
- Improvement - Added support for verifying database backups using RESTORE VERIFYONLY.
- Improvement - Added support for copy-only database backups (which will not affect the backup chain).
- Improvement - Numerous minor compatibility improvements and bug fixes for FTP/SFTP features.
- Improvement - Built-in support for 30-day standard/pro edition license trial mode.
- Improvement - Specific system databases can be selected for backup while also using the "back up all non-system databases" option.
- Improvement - Added test button Windows Account tab of backup job settings, allowing users to test auth credentials.
- Improvement - Users can now control the order in which backup destinations execute (by re-ordering the destination list).
- Improvement - Backup job files are now backed up prior to being re-written (as an added safeguard).
- Improvement - Databases that aren't online are now skipped with a log warning (no longer interpreted as an error).
- Improvement - The recovery explorer can now list remote files that were not originally created by the selected backup destination.
- Improvement - Backup recovery now supports database recovery from an unzipped (i.e. .bak, etc.) file source.
- Improvement - Database connection test function now executes within the service for improved error reporting.
- Improvement - Improved Amazon S3 bucket name rule validation when editing the backup destination.
- Improvement - Main window title now indicates when a trial license is in active use.
- Improvement - Application icons have been redesigned for a slightly bolder, more colorful appearance.
- Bug fix - Installer images failed to display on Windows XP and Server 2003.
- Bug fix - License key display in license management dialog is no longer truncated.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released July 30, 2014)
- Bug fix - The backup scheduler wasn't allowing the execution of two separate jobs to overlap.
- Bug fix - Amazon S3 backup files weren't being deleted correctly in certain circumstances.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released July 7, 2014)
- Improvement - Added the ability to specify a from email address for email notification purposes.
- Improvement - Added the ability to limit zip compression to a single thread, thereby limiting CPU usage in multi-core environments.
- Bug fix - Errors encountered during database backups weren't affecting the reported job completion indicator.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released May 29, 2014)
- Bug fix - Fix for "The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it has been Aborted" error that could occur during scheduled backups.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released May 28, 2014)
- Improvement - Failure to back up a specific database will no longer halt all backup operations.
- Bug fix - Avoiding deserialization of empty backup jobs data file (rare condition) to prevent crash.
- Bug fix - Removed automated crash reporting mechanism from client application.
- Bug fix - SQL Server connection dialog was not restoring SQL Auth credentials between uses.
- Bug fix - Resolved "Some or all identity references could not be translated" error that occurred during database recovery on non-English systems.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released February 5, 2014)
- Improvement - When folder destination authentication detects a conflict with an existing network session, it will now log a warning and attempt to use the existing session.
- Bug fix - Fixed zip library bug that could cause zip file corruption in very specific circumstances.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released December 15, 2013)
- Bug fix - Running all database backups from client UI was not working as expected (v184.108.40.206 regression).
- Bug fix - Resolved a problem with temp database backup files not deleting when associated backup job uses impersonation.
- Bug fix - Resolved potential unhandled exception scenario during job execution by background service.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released December 13, 2013)
- Bug fix - The tempdb system databsae is now suppressed as a backup source (it does not support backup and restore operations).
- Bug fix - If an attempt to change a database's recovery model failed, the error is now caught and reported.
- Bug fix - Databases with dashes in their names are now handled correctly.
- Bug fix - Resolved potential error when recovery explorer Refresh button is used while listing operations are in progress.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released September 23, 2013)
- Improvement - FTP / SFTP libraries updated (resolves a couple of rare compatibility issues).
- Improvement - Updated Amazon libraries to most recent versions.
- Bug fix - Added generic exception handling for local SQL server installation discovery case.
- Bug fix - Additional exception handling and logging during database backup operations.
- Bug fix - Backups to Amazon S3 would create an empty directory when remote dir setting was left blank.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released July 11, 2013)
- Improvement - Additional logging.
- Bug fix - Added code to prevent a possible application fault on exit.
- Bug fix - Now preventing negative values from being entered into schedule view fields.
- Bug fix - Unhandled exception when WMI cannot be initialized during SQL Server discovery.
- Bug fix - Added exception handling for cases where default web browser cannot be launched.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released June 24, 2013)
- Improvement - Using updated version of Amazon SDK, which resolves a handful of (mostly obsure) issues.
- Improvement - Minor user interface updates.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released June 4, 2013)
- Improvement - Additional logging.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released June 3, 2013)
- Improvement - Provided alternative means of authentication for network folder backup destinations.
- Improvement - Backup email notifications now include log entries for the related backup session, making them far more informative.
- Improvement - The Google Drive backup plugin will now retry automatically when certain HTTP 500 errors are received during backup file upload.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released March 5, 2013)
- Improvement - Email notification messages now include the name of the host SQL Backup Master is running on.
- Improvement - Switched to a database enumeration mechanism that requires less database permissions.
- Bug fix - The backup log viewer could mis-categorize failed backups as successes in rare cases.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released February 13, 2013)
- Improvment - Minor installer improvements and corrections.
- Bug fix - Destinations tests were writing to the log file.
Version 22.214.171.124 (Released February 7, 2013)
- Bug fix - Resolved UAC (User Account Control) conflict resulting in access denied message during Windows user account impersonation.
- Bug fix - Resolved Windows account parsing issue not working for local (non-domain) accounts.
- Bug fix - Email notifications were attempted during backup job execution even when they weren't enabled.
- Improvement - Backup destination tests are now executed with Windows account impersonation (where applicable).
- Improvement - Backup destination tests now attempt file creation within the temp folder assigned to the backup job.
Version 126.96.36.199 (Released February 6, 2013)
- Improvement - Backup destination tests are now executed within the context of the SQL Backup Master system service, which improves the accuracy of the results in certain scenarios.
- Improvement - Implemented automatic repair of client/service communications channel, which should make the application more robust in channel fault scenarios.
- Improvement - Added a help topic hyperlink to the "Windows account" tab of the backup job settings window.
- Bug fix - Using incorrect credentials in the "Windows account" tab of the backup job settings window would cause the related job to hang when executed.
- Bug fix - The main window would not show a job as being "in progress" during the Windows account impersonation process.
- Bug fix - Missing notification email receipients (during backup job execution) now results in a more meaningful error message.
Version 188.8.131.52 (Released January 28, 2013)
- Bug fix - Resolved minor Google Drive auth data storage inconsistency.
- Bug fix - Resolved problem with log file encoding on some systems (logs now support Unicode).
- Bug fix - Resolved possible COM exception during SQL server instance connect.
Version 184.108.40.206 (Released January 24, 2013)
- Bug fix - Email addresses field of backup job notification settings was not participating in validation.
- Bug fix - Resolved potential startup crash on XP/2003 due to an icon image file format bug in .NET Framework.
- Bug fix - Single-instance control mechanism was not properly closing new processes.
Version 220.127.116.11 (Released January 18, 2013)
- Bug fix - Resolved possible null reference exception on application shutdown.
- Bug fix - Resolved installer bug that prevented .NET Framework prerequisite installation.
- Change - Removed feature reporting mechanisms, including user prompt on initial application run.
Version 18.104.22.168 (Released January 14, 2013)
- This is the initial public release of SQL Backup Master